Trango is peer to peer. Your data (offline and online calls, LAN based file transfer, LAN based text messages) do not go from the cloud in 85% of cases. In remaining 15% cases the data has to go from the TURN server (which is hosted on the cloud). This is because most webRTC applications require server to relay traffic, since direct socket is often not possible between clients (unless they are on the same network). Besides, some networks do not support P2P. However, the TURN server only relays the traffic. It cannot store any data. Therefore, whether you communicate online or offline using trango, your data remains peer to peer. It is not stored anywhere else.
Insofar other data (online text messages and online file sharing) is concerned, it will be on trango’s server. But trango cannot read it anyway because even at rest the data remains E2E encrypted.
Moreover, trango uses AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) 256-bit encryption. It is one of the most secure encryption methods.
For data sensitive organizations, trango also provides the self-hosted version which gives you ultimate control over all your data (messages, file transfer, calls- online and offline). Your data will remain on your own server and it will not be sent via trango’s global server. Therefore, trango will have absolutely no access to all of your data. This will provide complete transparency and control of your data.
Since data is through wireless, so is it possible to intercept the data in between?
In general, every data going through Wi-Fi might get intercepted. However, the data cannot be decoded. Trango incorporates Transport Level Security (TLS) to ensure it. The only way to decode data is to hack the device
Privacy is at the heart of everything trango does. We respect your right to privacy.